If you’re not familiar with Pretty Vulgar, they are a cruelty-free makeup brand sold at Sephora. I came across them a few years ago when they first came out and I immediately bought a few products. I never ended up sharing them so when I came across a variety of their products at TJ Maxx, I decided to buy them and test them out. I am starting to only use cruelty-free makeup so I will be reviewing a lot more in the near future.
Bronzed B Powder Bronzer| This is a matte bronzing powder that gives you a more natural finish. I have used the Benefit Hoola Bronzer for years because it is so good but this works better if you’re looking for a more subtle look. 4/5
Under Cover Concealer|I typically use either the Nars concealer or Tarte shape tape so using a new one was really out of my comfort zone. That being said, I wasn’t all that impressed with this one. The coverage wasn’t the best and it also was pretty liquid. 3/5
Poisonous Pout Plumping Gloss|This gloss definitely made your lips tingle but I didn’t notice that much of a plump but the shades both went on well. It was a little sticky but nothing that was annoying like other glosses. 4/5
The Feathers Mascara|Not only is the packaging amazing but the overall product was pretty good too. I wear it to work all day and have no fall out or running. 5/5
Faux Reals Extreme Volume Mascara|Another really good mascara from Pretty Vulgar. I had no fall out or running. Not too mention the packaging is the cutest!
Early Bird Palette|The packaging is by far the best that I have ever seen. For me, I wear natural/light colors so this palette is perfect. The shadows do have a little bit of fallout but blend pretty well. 4/5
Overall, I was pretty impressed with this brand. Not only is their packaging amazing but they’re cruelty free which is such a big deal these days as it should be. Feel free to email me with any questions regarding this haul!
I have recently become so obsessed with skincare and I can thank my horrible hormonal acne for that. Back in my teens, I always suffered from cystic acne which resulted in me having to go on accutane for a year. As I got older, my acne ended up pretty much disappearing. Every once in a while I will get a break out but it is not even near what it used to be. I broke things down into my morning routine and nighttime routine. I also added some masks that I occasionally use!
- My skin type: normal/oily, acne prone, sensitive (dry in winter months)
- My concerns: hormonal acne, blemishes, acne scares, pore size
STEP ONE soy face cleanser + STEP TWO truth serum + STEP THREE c.e.o glow oil + STEP FOUR eye cream
- Cleanse: The first thing I do when I wake up is brush my teeth and wash my face. This is my go-to face wash because it is gentle on my skin but leaves me feeling refreshed. I also occasionally will use the Clean & Clear Morning Burst since it is cheaper but does the same trick.
- Anti-Aging Serum: I have always heard so many great things about this serum so after trying it out for a few weeks, it is now apart of my daily routine. It helps with dryness, dullness and loss of firmness. My skin has been so incredibly smooth since I started using it!
- Vitamin C Face Oil: This Sunday Riley face oil is one of my favorites! It helps with dullness, dark spots and uneven texture. It always leaves my face feeling so smooth and my foundation sets perfectly on top.
- Brightening Eye Cream: I put this on if I don’t plan on wearing foundation because it really brightens up my under eyes. A little bit goes a long way so this will definitely last you. It helps with dark circles, puffiness and dryness. It also won the Allure readers choice award in 2018!
- Cleansing Balm: I still sometimes use the Neutrogena makeup wipes, but this year I am really trying to cut down on my waste. I saw this at Sephora a few months back and figured I would give it a try. Although it is not the best for traveling, it really does the trick. I use a penny size in the shower after work to take off all of my makeup prior to washing my face.
- Face Wash: This has become one of my favorite face washes! I always say this one and the morning burst are my favorite drug store products and I truly recommend them to everyone. It really is deep cleansing and leaves my face looking and feeling oil free!
- Clarifying Face Oil: I have only been using this face oi l for a few weeks unlike any of the other skincare products that I have shared but with the short amount of time that I have used it, I really do love it! I have already noticed a change in my skin and it helps with acne blemishes, blackheads and pores which are my main concerns.
- Whipped Cream: This drunk elephant moisturizer is my all time favorite! I honestly have tried so many other moisturizers and always come back to this one. It is a pretty penny but always works wonders on my skin. Unlike other moisturizers that I have tried, it leaves my skin feeling so soft and not oily whatsoever.
- Lip Mask: If you follow other bloggers, you have probably heard about this lip mask. It is honestly so so good and worth the hype. I use it before bed every night and always wake up with super soft-moisturized lips. Especially in the winter months, this saves lives!
- Jet Lag Mask: I purchased this a while back when it first came out and still use it to this day. I have super sensitive skin and always break out in an allergic reaction when trying new creams but this was awesome and still always leaves my skin feeling moisturized and soft. It helps with dryness and uneven texture.
- Black Tea Mask: This is probably one of my favorite masks. It not only smells amazing but it feels so cooling and refreshing after applying it. I leave it on for about ten minutes and then wash it off with warm water. It always leaves my skin feeling like a baby’s butt!
- Sheet Mask: This happenes to be one of my holy grail purchases from a few years back. I ended up even getting some of my friends hooked on using it! Farmacy really as the best sheet masks ever! I wish I could afford to buy one for each week but your girl is now a broke washed up college student who is in debt lol! But nonetheless, it is worth every penny. I also really love the hydrating one which is yellow. This one helps with loss of firmness, dullness and uneven texture where as the hydrating one helps with dryness.
I have tried so many self tanning products and this is by far my favorite! I have been using these Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops for months now and I will never change my routine ever again. These drops are freaking bomb! I have never had an issue with being orange or patchy. My tan also fades very well to where you don’t even notice. Other brands that I have tried I would always get patchy and gross after a few days even when exfoliating. I honestly don’t even end up having to exfoliate using these drops because it just fades away evenly.
Tanning my face: I use either my Drunk Elephant Whipped Cream or my Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask to apply my tanner on my face. It is suggested to use only white lotion as colored lotions can affect the drops. I put a penny size of moisturizer in my hand and add three drops. I apply the moisturizer and drops evenly all over my face making sure to go to my hair line. As always, make sure you wash your hands after.
Tanning my body: I use any body lotion that I currently have whether that be Jergens, Burt’s Bees, or Aveeno. Depending on how I tan I want to be, I usually use three drops for each application. I do each leg and then each arm. Then I go back in and do my neck, chest, back and stomach. Once again make sure to wash your hands.
Over the past couple of months, I have been using this Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm and I absolutely love it! It even won the Allure Best of Beauty Award in 2017! I have always used the Neutrogena makeup removing wipes but I didn’t like how much waste it would leave behind. A major part of my nighttime routine is doing my skincare routine . Prior to washing my face, I rub a penny size of this balm in my hands and rub it all over my face, washing with warm water. When I have mascara and or eyeliner on, I lightly rub my eyes making sure all of my eye makeup comes off. It is crazy how good this is even with my makeup being water proof. I even have very sensitive skin and have yet to have an issue with allergic reactions or breakouts. I love that it not only works well but it is vegan, cruelty free, gluten free, and comes in recyclable packaging. It has a cream consistency which makes it gentle on your skin whether you have normal, dry, combination, or an oily skin type. Some ingredients include sunflower oil, ginger root oil, turmeric extract, moringa extract, and papaya enzymes.
If you’re ever looking to change up your makeup remover, I highly suggest this. I am about a month into incorporating it into my routine and I am not even halfway done with the container so it should definitely last you awhile. I recommend buying the travel size which is 1.7 oz and only $22 prior to purchasing the bigger size to make sure that it is something you like!
If you have been on Instagram within the past three or four months then I am sure that you have seen of or heard of this hair dryer. It has been all over social media from bloggers to youtubers so I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. It sometimes is hard to tell a good product from a paid sponsorship so I am here to give you the truth. Unsponsored and uncensored. Is the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer really worth it? Why yes, yes it is! I was kind of thinking this was a gimmick but my lord, it has changed the hair game. I would always dread blow drying my hair because not only would it take me a half hour but I would have to straighten it all afterwards or else it be one big ball of frizz. This dryer not only cut down my dry time to 6-8 minutes but it also completely cut out the time I used to straighten my hair because it drys straight with little to no frizz. Since it does add volume, I will sometimes straighten my ends but usually will only do that if I am going out somewhere and need my hair to be pin straight. As always, when using heat on your hair make sure to use a heat protectant spray. I use either this Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry or this Rusk Thermal Shine Spray. If you end up purchasing this dryer or have one, I would love to hear your thoughts, comment below!
I went to Deka Lash last week to get lash extensions and loved the final look. I went to the one in McMurray, PA and the lady that did them did such a great job. Last time I went, they did not stay on very well but this time I had a much better turn out. I told her my concerns and she took the time to add in more lashes than usual. I absolutely love how I don’t have to wear mascara but still get the look as if I have makeup on. It is so nice waking up and not having to get fully ready. The usual upkeep with having lash extensions is pretty basic. You should not use makeup remover on them and should always brush them after waking up and after getting them wet whether that be when you get out of the shower or after washing your face. They say to get a fill every two weeks but I seem to need one before then which almost make it not worth it for me because they are not cheap. But I do love having them nonetheless. I got them done Tuesday the 18th so this upcoming Tuesday the 2nd would just hit the two week mark. I lost a decent amount on my right eye so I wouldn’t be able to make it until Tuesday. Some people can make them last even longer than two weeks it just depends on how quick your natural lashes shed. Most people that I know that have them absolutely love them and have no issues!
I have honestly been in a love-hate relationship with extensions for over the past five years that this post was long overdue. I stopped getting extensions a few years back, and traded them in for more of a short blunt cut. I recently went more blonde and chopped even more hair off, so I was really starting to notice all of the breakage around my face. Because of that, I decided to get a few extensions put in around my face to blend in my bangs. I got them done by Amber at Dallas Beauty Lounge and it was such a quick and easy process. Amber is very knowledgeable and gave me the exact look that I was going for. If you’re wondering what tape in extensions are all about, here you go! In my opinion, they are the easiest. I just make sure I don’t brush rough and I always make sure I blow dry the part where the tape is. You do not want your tape to air dry. I usually get them moved up every 4-6 weeks depending on how fast my hair grows. We only put around 8 pieces in, so it is much easier than getting a full head of them. If you have any questions comment below or feel free to email me and I can try to get you the proper answer!