Happy New Year babes! I wasn’t going to touch on my resolutions this year as I don’t exactly know how I feel about them. But I wanted to not only try to hold myself accountable, I also wanted to maybe inspire you to set some goals for yourself. I personally think it is cool to reflect on them at the end of the year to see how far you’ve come.
1. My main goal this year is to keep up with my self care. I always tend to stick with something for a week and then stop. Self care is so important and if anything 2020 proved that. Later in this post, I am going to share how I unwind and de-stress. A lot of the things I do also help lessen my anxiety.
2. Move out. This has been something I’ve been so excited for but now that I’m closer than I’ve ever been, it can feel daunting. I’m not only moving out but I’m also moving in with my boyfriend, lil bit nervous. We’re both only children so I feel like it’s going to be a very big change, one that I’m very ready for nonetheless.
3. Use my planner like it’s my bff. I’ve spent a god awful amount of money on office supplies from planners to notebooks to markers and pens. But I never fully get the use out of any of it. This year, I reinvested in a new organizer and accessories that I hope to stick with and use to help me daily.
4. Workout 4 times a week for at least an hour. This also ties into number 1, self care. This is so hard for me to stick with because of my IBS and feeling sick most of the time. This year I really want to stick with a routine. Little side note: when Covid first started I worked out 7 days a week for an entire month and felt absolutely amazing. My goal is to get to that point again.
5. Start budgeting and building a savings account + pay off debt. Now that adulting is starting to get real aka one year down at my big girl job and life starting to happen, I really need to get my shit together. I’ve always struggled with my spending to the point I even told my therapist about it last year because it was getting out of control. We talked about it in numerous sessions to try and figure out why I was constantly buying unnecessary things and then a few days later having buyers remorse. It came down to it was because of my anxiety and I was emotionally buying. Because of being like that for over 10 years, I put myself in an enormous amount of debt. And I mean ENORMOUS. Something that I have never shared with really anyone. It was always so embarrassing but it was reality. Now that I am on a much better path, I want to really work on buying less unnecessary things from décor pieces to notebooks and pens to clothes and bags. Less is more and I am starting to really follow that. When I have clutter it drives me nuts and just thinking of that has helped me to only buy things that I really need.
6. This one is more of a goal than anything but I really would love to see my Instagram account get to 10k. It was a goal for me in 2020 which unfortunately didn’t happen but I did grow a lot and worked with so many amazing brands which I am very thankful for. I also became insta friends with so many amazing women! 10k would mainly help me out because of the swipe up feature but don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for where I’m at now.
7. Lastly, I want to find my faith. I’ve always struggled with this and I blame CCD from when I was a kid. It was god awful (no pun intended). I come from a very catholic family but want to get away from the Catholic Church. Now that I’m older and can make my own decisions, I want to find peace with god as well as find a church that feels like home.
Now for the good stuff….if you’ve made it this far, you rock.
I wanted to share some activities that I do to help relieve stress and anxiety. These things work for me, they may not work for you but I always like to say it’s worth a try!
JOURNALING/DRAWING | I’ve always found peace with doodling and journaling. Sometimes it’s nice to just lock yourself in a room and put pen on paper. I just bought a new bullet journal so the plan is to actually keep up with it and make one for every year to look back on.
READING | I used to struggle with reading as a kid because my mind would always wander and I wouldn’t be able to understand and focus on what I was reading. Now that I’m older, I really love reading especially on vacation or in the summer by the pool. For me, it’s the perfect way to unwind. In the winter, I struggle a little more but this year I want to try and read for a couple minutes at night.
SKINCARE | I love to put on a face mask, light a candle and watch YouTube videos. I follow a lot of women who are super inspiring so it’s always a relaxing thing I like to do. Sometimes I will even put a podcast on and clean my room. Clean + uncluttered space is a must for me. I typically will use a facemask from Farmacy or Fresh. They both have really good ones!