I have recently become so obsessed with skincare and I can thank my horrible hormonal acne for that. Back in my teens, I always suffered from cystic acne which resulted in me having to go on accutane for a year. As I got older, my acne ended up pretty much disappearing. Every once in a while I will get a break out but it is not even near what it used to be. I broke things down into my morning routine and nighttime routine. I also added some masks that I occasionally use!
- My skin type: normal/oily, acne prone, sensitive (dry in winter months)
- My concerns: hormonal acne, blemishes, acne scares, pore size
STEP ONE soy face cleanser + STEP TWO truth serum + STEP THREE c.e.o glow oil + STEP FOUR eye cream
- Cleanse: The first thing I do when I wake up is brush my teeth and wash my face. This is my go-to face wash because it is gentle on my skin but leaves me feeling refreshed. I also occasionally will use the Clean & Clear Morning Burst since it is cheaper but does the same trick.
- Anti-Aging Serum: I have always heard so many great things about this serum so after trying it out for a few weeks, it is now apart of my daily routine. It helps with dryness, dullness and loss of firmness. My skin has been so incredibly smooth since I started using it!
- Vitamin C Face Oil: This Sunday Riley face oil is one of my favorites! It helps with dullness, dark spots and uneven texture. It always leaves my face feeling so smooth and my foundation sets perfectly on top.
- Brightening Eye Cream: I put this on if I don’t plan on wearing foundation because it really brightens up my under eyes. A little bit goes a long way so this will definitely last you. It helps with dark circles, puffiness and dryness. It also won the Allure readers choice award in 2018!
- Cleansing Balm: I still sometimes use the Neutrogena makeup wipes, but this year I am really trying to cut down on my waste. I saw this at Sephora a few months back and figured I would give it a try. Although it is not the best for traveling, it really does the trick. I use a penny size in the shower after work to take off all of my makeup prior to washing my face.
- Face Wash: This has become one of my favorite face washes! I always say this one and the morning burst are my favorite drug store products and I truly recommend them to everyone. It really is deep cleansing and leaves my face looking and feeling oil free!
- Clarifying Face Oil: I have only been using this face oi l for a few weeks unlike any of the other skincare products that I have shared but with the short amount of time that I have used it, I really do love it! I have already noticed a change in my skin and it helps with acne blemishes, blackheads and pores which are my main concerns.
- Whipped Cream: This drunk elephant moisturizer is my all time favorite! I honestly have tried so many other moisturizers and always come back to this one. It is a pretty penny but always works wonders on my skin. Unlike other moisturizers that I have tried, it leaves my skin feeling so soft and not oily whatsoever.
- Lip Mask: If you follow other bloggers, you have probably heard about this lip mask. It is honestly so so good and worth the hype. I use it before bed every night and always wake up with super soft-moisturized lips. Especially in the winter months, this saves lives!
- Jet Lag Mask: I purchased this a while back when it first came out and still use it to this day. I have super sensitive skin and always break out in an allergic reaction when trying new creams but this was awesome and still always leaves my skin feeling moisturized and soft. It helps with dryness and uneven texture.
- Black Tea Mask: This is probably one of my favorite masks. It not only smells amazing but it feels so cooling and refreshing after applying it. I leave it on for about ten minutes and then wash it off with warm water. It always leaves my skin feeling like a baby’s butt!
- Sheet Mask: This happenes to be one of my holy grail purchases from a few years back. I ended up even getting some of my friends hooked on using it! Farmacy really as the best sheet masks ever! I wish I could afford to buy one for each week but your girl is now a broke washed up college student who is in debt lol! But nonetheless, it is worth every penny. I also really love the hydrating one which is yellow. This one helps with loss of firmness, dullness and uneven texture where as the hydrating one helps with dryness.