Hi babes! I am now about three months in from the day I got my IUD so I figured it was time for an update on how things are going. I am honestly so mad at myself for not doing this sooner. Don’t get me wrong, the first two weeks sucked but once you get past it, its amazing. It is so nice not having periods or ever having to worry about taking the pill. Not too mention pregnancy scares… kiss those goodbye lol! By having the IUD, you literally are cleared from pretty much any stress or concerns. A few weeks ago, I went in for my check up to make sure everything was working the way it should and to make sure that my body didn’t reject it and all went really well. I still sometimes will get cramping but it isn’t anything unbearable and was said to dissipate within six months. I basically never have a period anymore although sometimes you’ll need a good ole panty liner, it is nothing major and only last a day or two. But that is pretty much it for the update…feel free to ask me any questions!
I have recently become so obsessed with skincare and I can thank my horrible hormonal acne for that. Back in my teens, I always suffered from cystic acne which resulted in me having to go on accutane for a year. As I got older, my acne ended up pretty much disappearing. Every once in a while I will get a break out but it is not even near what it used to be. I broke things down into my morning routine and nighttime routine. I also added some masks that I occasionally use!
- My skin type: normal/oily, acne prone, sensitive (dry in winter months)
- My concerns: hormonal acne, blemishes, acne scares, pore size
STEP ONE soy face cleanser + STEP TWO truth serum + STEP THREE c.e.o glow oil + STEP FOUR eye cream
- Cleanse: The first thing I do when I wake up is brush my teeth and wash my face. This is my go-to face wash because it is gentle on my skin but leaves me feeling refreshed. I also occasionally will use the Clean & Clear Morning Burst since it is cheaper but does the same trick.
- Anti-Aging Serum: I have always heard so many great things about this serum so after trying it out for a few weeks, it is now apart of my daily routine. It helps with dryness, dullness and loss of firmness. My skin has been so incredibly smooth since I started using it!
- Vitamin C Face Oil: This Sunday Riley face oil is one of my favorites! It helps with dullness, dark spots and uneven texture. It always leaves my face feeling so smooth and my foundation sets perfectly on top.
- Brightening Eye Cream: I put this on if I don’t plan on wearing foundation because it really brightens up my under eyes. A little bit goes a long way so this will definitely last you. It helps with dark circles, puffiness and dryness. It also won the Allure readers choice award in 2018!
- Cleansing Balm: I still sometimes use the Neutrogena makeup wipes, but this year I am really trying to cut down on my waste. I saw this at Sephora a few months back and figured I would give it a try. Although it is not the best for traveling, it really does the trick. I use a penny size in the shower after work to take off all of my makeup prior to washing my face.
- Face Wash: This has become one of my favorite face washes! I always say this one and the morning burst are my favorite drug store products and I truly recommend them to everyone. It really is deep cleansing and leaves my face looking and feeling oil free!
- Clarifying Face Oil: I have only been using this face oi l for a few weeks unlike any of the other skincare products that I have shared but with the short amount of time that I have used it, I really do love it! I have already noticed a change in my skin and it helps with acne blemishes, blackheads and pores which are my main concerns.
- Whipped Cream: This drunk elephant moisturizer is my all time favorite! I honestly have tried so many other moisturizers and always come back to this one. It is a pretty penny but always works wonders on my skin. Unlike other moisturizers that I have tried, it leaves my skin feeling so soft and not oily whatsoever.
- Lip Mask: If you follow other bloggers, you have probably heard about this lip mask. It is honestly so so good and worth the hype. I use it before bed every night and always wake up with super soft-moisturized lips. Especially in the winter months, this saves lives!
- Jet Lag Mask: I purchased this a while back when it first came out and still use it to this day. I have super sensitive skin and always break out in an allergic reaction when trying new creams but this was awesome and still always leaves my skin feeling moisturized and soft. It helps with dryness and uneven texture.
- Black Tea Mask: This is probably one of my favorite masks. It not only smells amazing but it feels so cooling and refreshing after applying it. I leave it on for about ten minutes and then wash it off with warm water. It always leaves my skin feeling like a baby’s butt!
- Sheet Mask: This happenes to be one of my holy grail purchases from a few years back. I ended up even getting some of my friends hooked on using it! Farmacy really as the best sheet masks ever! I wish I could afford to buy one for each week but your girl is now a broke washed up college student who is in debt lol! But nonetheless, it is worth every penny. I also really love the hydrating one which is yellow. This one helps with loss of firmness, dullness and uneven texture where as the hydrating one helps with dryness.
So far this month, the thrifting gods have been on my side! They always say another mans trash is another mans treasure and honestly that is so true. Thrifting is fun and all but I really love how you help the environment when you buy second hand. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
American Leather Co Crossbody
NWT ASOS Sweater
Hollister USA Tank
Abercrombie & Fitch Top
Vineyard Vines Long Sleeve
Abercrombie & Fitch Flannel
More often than not, I am always wearing these mom jeans. They are so comfortable and can be styled so many different ways. I ended up buying this cropped button down from Goodwill a few weeks back, but it is originally from Topshop. I swore to myself that I would never hop on the fanny pack bandwagon but here I am. I was hoping to get this fanny pack in black but Target only had it in this taupe color and brown but I am kind of digging this taupe color. Honestly, I just am obsessed with how this look came together. I have recently been changing up my style a little bit and feel so much happier with my overall look. Back in high school and even middle school, I was always into the skater look. You never ever saw me in pink or bows haha! Although my mom and grandma would of preferred it.
Hi babes! Happy Monday. As you can probably tell, the format has changed quite a bit on here. I have been trying out a bunch of new designs and formatting to see what works better for me and of course you. This will be my new format for all of my fashion related posts from here on out. I hope this makes it easier for you to navigate links as well as more in depth descriptions. That being said, I am so excited to share this leopard skirt that I picked up a few weeks ago at the No 14 Boutique Galentines Event. Every time I see a band tee paired with a skirt I just become more obsessed! I paired it with my black vans but hope to purchase a pair of Doc Martens here shortly in which I would also pair with this look. One nice thing about this skirt is it can be worn in he summer with sandals but also in the winter with boots or sneakers so it is a great piece to have in your closet!
I have seen Shein advertised so many times but I was always afraid to actually go through with a order up until last week. After browsing their website and seeing all of the many five star reviews, I decided to make my first purchase. First and foremost, this is not a sponsored post nor did I get sent any of these items. This was just a really good haul so I wanted to share it with you! The most asked question I received was…..is it worth it? My answer is 100% yes. For $113, I was able to buy nine items. Below, I have a picture with each item styled, my sizing, the price and my overall thoughts on each piece. I purchased everything on February 6 and received everything on the 11th. I would of had it by the 10th but the package needed to be signed for. Since it is shipped with DHL, you can actually sign online so I now know for future purchases. Feel free to send me any of your questions and I will gladly try to answer them!
I was very impressed with the overall quality of this skirt. I ordered a small and it was true to size. It does have a zipper so it is easy to get on and off and the material is thick so it is not see-through. I found a similar one at Forever21 for double the price and the quality was just as good as this one!
This top is my favorite item from the haul! The puff balloon sleeve trend is going to be in full force over the next couple of months. Since it is becoming so popular some stores have them for over $50!! I prefer not to spend a lot of money on trendy items because usually they go out of style at some point. This top is really good quality and even washes up well! I ordered a small and it is true to size.
I wanted a long coat like this to travel to Savannah in but they were all over $100. After reading the reviews, I decided to go for it and I am so glad that I did. The overall quality is great for the price but it isn’t something that will last forever but I am okay with that. I ordered a size small and it is true to size. I did wash it but I hung it to dry.
Again, this dress is very good quality and the material is not see-through. I ordered a small because of the length but could of definitely fit into an extra small pending how long it would fall. It washed up well but I again hung it to dry. I do not recommend drying in a dryer.
I wasn’t that big of a fan of the print but it is slowly growing on me. The quality is okay to wear a few times but I don’t think this is something that would last you years. Again, hang to dry. I ordered a size small and it is true to size.
I really wanted to like this but this but this was my least favorite.I just don’t like how the top part fits and I am not the biggest fan of the print. It is good quality but I don’t recommend.
This dress is another favorite. The material is thick and the overall fit is just great. I like the stars but I recommend having someone help you because I was on the struggle bus lol! I highly recommend this dress! I am wearing a size small and it is true to size.
I have tried swimsuits off of Zaful before so I figured that this would be very similar but this swimsuit is a 10/10 for me unlike the ones from Zaful. I was very impressed with the overall quality and the fit in general. I am definitely going to be purchasing more! Since they are high waisted bottoms, I ordered a small so it sucked me in a little. The bottoms are not very cheeky but the fit would depend on the style of swimsuit you choose. This one is by far one of my favorite suits that I own!
In honor of Valentines Day… here are some pictures of one of the best photo shoots to date! A few weeks ago, I was asked if I wanted to be apart of a Galentines/Bridal shoot over at The Loveliest in Sewickley so you know, I of course said yes. And as always, I had the best time! If you are ever looking for anything event related or a bomb a** instagramable boutique/coffee shop….check out all of the details below!