Happy Halloween! I am kind of sad Halloween is already here because that just means we are one step closer to winter. Fall is my favorite season because in my opinion, the leaves changing are so dang gorgeous. I love all things pumpkin spice and apple cider is my absolute favorite. That being said, of course I had to take a trip to my local farms pumpkin patch. Can we say basic? Haha! I went with one of my best friends and we had such a fun time. We first went on a hayride to the pumpkin patch which unfortunately, it wasn’t like an actual patch, they jut had the pumpkins spread out on the ground. Nonetheless, after we found our pumpkins and of course took some photos, we went and attempted the corn maze. After basically twenty minutes of walking back and forth, we gave up and went back out of the entrance, lol! We ended the day with some pumpkin donuts, hot apple cider, and then ended the night at the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game.
Hi Loves! Happy Hump Day! Today, I wanted to share how I personally style a sweater dress. I recently purchased this Free People sweater dress from TJ Maxx for under $50. It is such good quality and after trying it on I fell in love. I wasn’t able to find the direct link but I will link a few of my favorite sweater dresses below. I always love wearing a sweater dress in the fall because it is such a quick and easy outfit that can be style so many different ways. I styled this one with thigh high boots and a boho looking hat. To dress this up, I would add a pair of heeled thigh high boots, no hat, and a belt. I usually just wear casual outfits since I work in a business causal office so that is what I went for here.
Amazon Sweater Dress $37.99
Abercrombie & Fitch Tie Waist Sweater Dress $62.40
Free People Santa Barbra Sweater Midi Dress $98.00
Free People On A Boat Sweater Dress $168.00
This past weekend, my boyfriend and I carved pumpkins and made my fav fall snack, cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds. I never talked about on here about him much but were kind of like grandparents haha! We don’t go out to bars or get drunk on the weekends anymore. We would much rather sit at home, in pj’s, watching Live PD. If you know, you know. So that is basically exactly what we did this night as you can tell by my OOTN, lol!
I was over my cousin’s house last year and she had recently made a batch of these cookies and I nearly ate half of a dozen because they were so dang good. I finally got the recipe off of her and made them myself so I wanted to share them with you. If you love cookies that are soft, you’ll love these ones because they’re so moist. MMM!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies:
This recipe makes two dozen!
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp. Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
3. Use an ice cream scoop and scoop each cookie onto a cookie sheet
4. Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes
Happy Fall Y’all! Gosh, I am so happy fall is here. If you read my Rue 21 post a few posts back, then you saw that I previously worked with them and picked out a few items from their grand opening party. I was waiting to post everything I bought because I wanted to have full outfits put together. This overall dress was one of the pieces that I snagged and it makes such a cute fall look, all while being reasonably priced. When it comes to overall dresses, I tend to not spend much unlike I do with sweaters. I think this outfit would be so cute for Thanksgiving so I will link some of my favs below!
Rue21 Jean Overall Dress $26.99
Rue21 Black Corduroy Overall Dress $26.99
Rue21 Olive Twill Knot Strap Overall Dress $26.99
Forever 21 Corduroy Overall Mini Dress $25.00
Abercrombie & Fitch Button Up Corduroy Pinafore Dress $51.00
1. Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask $35 : I originally tried this mask as a sample from Sephora and after using it a few times, I went and bought the mini size. I have repurchased this numerous times because it is just that good. When applied, it leaves a cooling sensation which I love. I leave it on for a few minutes then wash it off with warm water. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth not too mention, it smells bomb!
2. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydra-Gel Eye Patches $52 : I have recently started using these and so far I love them. These patches help reduce the look of dryness, puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines. I love how they have a cooling sensation because I feel so refreshed after using them. Worth every penny! You get 30 treatments worth.
3. Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer $60 : This has been my favorite for years now. I have repurchased this over and over again. It is a little pricey but it does last a while and really works wonders. It helps with dryness, fine lines, and wrinkles. I personally love it because it doesn’t leave my skin feeling oily or sticky.
4. Murad Clarifying Toner $25 : This is by far my favorite toner. It helps eliminate excess oil, keeps your pores clear, and tightens the look of your pores. I usually put a little on a cotton pad and wipe my face after washing it every night. It can be a little strong at first so I suggest starting out using it three times a week and work your way up to using it daily.
5. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser $38 : I go between this cleanser and the clean and clear cleansers but this one is great for travel. It smells really good and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean.
6. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask $48 : This has been all over social media so I am sure you know all about it but if not, this is the ish. I love how simple the packaging is because I always carry it in my purse. It helps with dryness and is great after a long day. I really love using it in the summer after a pool or beach day.
Happy Friday Loves! I am so excited to finally share my honest opinion about the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer. If you are on social media, then I am sure you have seen this before. It has taken over the blogging world and I can now see why. As some bloggers are extremely popular, you sometimes do not know if they truly love a product or if they’re just getting paid to promote it so I wanted to see for myself if this dryer is as good as they say. Well guys, IT IS. I am not getting paid to write this nor is this a sponsored post, I purchased this with my own money. It is my new favorite hair tool, and its under $42 on Amazon. I was able to cut down my blow drying time to just under 5 minutes and I don’t even have to straighten my hair afterwards because it drys flat and straight. It doesn’t damage my hair at all, it actually makes my hair look really silky and smooth. I do suggest using a heat protectant though just as you would with all heat products. Below is the difference between a regular blow dryer and the Revlon One-Step Dryer.
Here is the link to purchase the dryer if you’re interested: Amazon // Target